How To Pull Your Head Out Of Your Ass
There is absolutely nothing else more important than you! Do what makes you happy! These are things I would say to people and quite often. Recently, I came across a comment online that has caused me to rethink. According to this woman that made the comment, telling people to do what makes them happy without finishing it up with “…as long as you are not hurting others” can encourage assholery.
It is so easy to become self-obsessed and begin to believe whole heartedly that the sun rises and sets on your behind. Following this belief and with the inherent fear of realizing that it is indeed untrue, you develop an uncouth attitude and then say things like “I’m just being real or I call it like it is” in a bid to justify having your head that far up in your rectum.
The biggest challenge with having your head up your ass is that you are blissfully ignorant of your own obliviousness which is a problem and a huge source of discomfort for people around. With this ignorance, even with your supposedly good intentions sometimes, you end up constantly leaving only very bad impressions on people.
Getting your head out of your arteria rectalis will allow you to be a decent person and build better relationships. If you are wondering whether you do have your head up your ass, here are few ways to find out:
- Everything is always about you: Remember that time that you haven’t heard from a certain friend for a long time and as opposed to reaching out to see if they are okay, you started wondering if they stopped talking to you because you now have more money than they do?
- You know everything: Everyone with a different opinion is obviously a hater.
- Everyone is beneath you: You walk into a room and refuse to acknowledge the people there before you except the ones you have something to gain from. The other peasants are obviously not worthy.
- You don’t like to be corrected: how dare they think that you can possibly be wrong? You? Wrong? Never!
- Your hollow ideals are better than anyone else’s: You must have the latest iPhones and then go on social media to troll strangers who don’t have it or anything along this line.
Whilst the list of symptoms of head-up-ass-ry is inexhaustive, five is my lucky number. If you have noticed any of these symptoms, how can you begin the labor-intensive task of reaching up your arse and yanking your head out? Here are a few points:
- Realise you have a problem. With this realization comes the motivation to do better.
- Learn to compromise. You obviously don’t know everything.
- Realise that your ideals and truths will be different from the other person’s due to nature and nurture.
- Bite your tongue. Don’t be rude in the name of being real. Pay only genuine compliments and if need be, tactfully lay your well thought out criticism.
- Pay attention to others. According to science, the world doesn’t revolve around you.
- Ask genuine questions and be willing to be educated.
- Your competition is only with your old self.
- Re-evaluate your life and be thankful. Internal reflections will help you focus on the things that matter and even afford you the courage to reach out to others in kindness.
In my previous posts I talked about understanding your impact on the people around you and how you change the world with the smallest actions. Getting your head out of your ass is an amazing way to begin the life journey of leaving positive footprint on earth!